In 1979 the Superior General and her council wanted to create a foundation in Latin America as a joint venture of American and French Sisters. Contact with Bishope Proaño led to participation in a project in the diocese of Riobamba, Ecuador in 1982.
The mission evolved and over the years the Sisters lived and worked with the mestizos and the indigenous people in the Andes and with the Afro-Ecuadorian population on the east coast.
The Sisters are engaged in:
• Pastoral work, Bible training and reflection, sharing of the Word of God
• Education in the faith
• Caring for and creating bonds between elderly persons…
• Health care: natural medicine, health education in indigenous communities
• Visits, listening, sharing
• Prayer for the needs of the world
For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org